May 8, 2007

Tank Modeled


Here is the unfinished tank I 'designed' for the CAL. I am finding the tininess of the boys the greatest excuse for unfinished objects. I intended to finish with buttons and loops on the shoulders but that went by the wayside towards the end of my term...just could not work up the energy. I have some great buttons that are so inappropriate but adorable, they are pin up girls under clear plastic...initially bought for a friend, but I find the cheekiness of them something. We will see. And it is not like they will know, they cannot see their shoulders yet or admire themselves in the mirror. I have that type of sense of humor, slightly subversive and occasionally seeking the shock value. I will post the buttons if I use
them. For now, we can just take in Owen in his 'dress'. What a cutie. And he is the 'big' one. We will see about tank 2. I have no idea what I cast on, etc. as my notebook is somewhere in our room and our room looks like a tornado hit, what with baby paraphernalia strewn about: burpies, bottles, breast pump, dipes, clothes (that do not fit). Good lord, who knew such little things came with so much stuff. Gotta' love it, really, you end up loving it.

8 comments:

Biby Cletus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz K. said...

That you can even consider thinking of designing when you have twin infants is impressive. Go easy on yourself!

I love the side panels on that tank, though.

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Owen looks adorable in his "dress" and it will be great as a vest later. This way, he will get tons of use out of it.

Hattie said...

So cute! I LOVE babies...mine are too big, wanna trade? Lol. So tiny! I can't imagine having two tiny babies like that. The shirt will fit sooner than you think, kids grow like weeds!

EDNA HART said...

The knees and legs are yummy. Your vest is a nightgown for him now--how great is that?

Dawn said...

There's nothing better than a baby!

Ruinwen said...

Awhhh...looks like Owen is loving that tank. The side detail is really neat. ::)

Nonnahs said...

So cute! It'll be fun to watch him grow into his vest. You should take pictures periodically. :)