May 4, 2007

Progress on the Diamond Bag


Hi. I'm Dawn. And I'm an addict. I just can't get over mitered squares.


No, really. I think it's my sewing background. Every knitting project I undertake, I first see something woven and instinctively see it knit. Then I puzzle out the translation and I'm on my way. Anyone who quilts and completed the Schlep Bag understands. For those who don't quilt, the bag is quite a thing. You start out with squares, make strips, twist the strips, add straps, and voila. Once I mastered mitered squares, I turned my work sideways and decided I like the effect of the diamond with the miter as the focal point. What do you think?
Don't look at the yarn tails. They won't be seen when I'm done because this will be lined. It'll be our secret. Right now, the only challenge is making sure that the color pattern is random and the colors are separated.


4 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

There are so many things I love about your squares; the colors really pop, the centers all line up beautifully and they are mitered perfectly. Turning them on their side was pure genius! This bag will be georgous! :)

Unknown said...

I love those colors, clear and calming. And beautiful miters.

Hattie said...

I can't wait to see this done, it's so pretty, the colors are so spring!

Iris G said...

Yes, the colors are so calming. I must try mitered squares myself, too ;-), they look great.