Mar 21, 2007

PEACE Cardigan



I am having trouble up-loading the sketch, so as soon as I can figure out how to get this done--i will have a sketch of my design.
Three Swatches 10, 9, 7 needle. I went with the 9 needle for the
Puff Ribbing Pattern 1-Multiple of 6sts + 3.
K3W-knit 3 sts wrapping yarn twice around needle for each st.
1st Row: (wrong side) P3, *K3W, P3*
2nd Row: K3, *P3, (dropping extra loops), K3*
It's EASY to remember and a fun stitch to work and it looks totally different with each yarn you work in with. I love this Stitch Pattern and I want to use it for everything now (I'm like that). I am not sure what I am doing for the bottom part of the sweater-I think the Stockinette Stitch. The top is going to have a knit lining in a contrasting color of Rowan Kid Silk Haze.
I am 3/4 of the way finished on the Front.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Woohoo! We're glad to have you back.

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Very cool, Edna! I can't wait to see your sketch.
xox, J

Joanna said...

What an interesting stitch pattern, I've never seen elongated stitches combined with regular stitches like that. I also look forward to seeing your sketch to see how the pattern will be incorporated!

Instead of fiddling with a scanner, I often get my sketches onto the computer by taking pictures of them with my digital camera and uploading the pictures. It helps if you shine a bright light on or near the paper and turn off the camera flash.