Apr 2, 2007

Now what?

I have made some great progress on my Premiere crochet cardigan. One of the joys of crocheting is how fast it goes! I now at a crossroads with my cardigan. I am wondering if I should just stop at my current sleeve and body length. I think if I continue the sleeves and/or body any longer, the sweater might get a bit heavy (given my solid stitch pattern). Any thoughts on the lengths?

I do like how the cardigan sort of juts out a bit in the back and creates a more swingy feel (see photo). I am not sure why this happened? I guess it might be the change in the stitch pattern?

Also, I am leaning towards a simple corded crocheted edging for the neckline and front edges. Or maybe I should try to do some sort of collar? I sort of feel like the sweater is almost too simple?

Fron of Crochet Cropped Cardigan

Side of Crochet Cropped Cardigan

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this color--How about if you made the sleeves 3/4 and the body just about 1" below your waist? There are always other ways to do a design and I am sure you will get other comments and have a lot to think about--I like the neck the way it is. I look forward to the finished sweater...

Monica Brown said...

Thanks for the comments on the length. Maybe I will start by playing with one of the sleeve lengths. I am glad you like the neck! I thought it was okay, but it so nice to have other opinions!

Hattie said...

I really like how it is now! It looks really cute. I agree though I think the sleeves should be a bit longer. Either right above or below the elbow. I would do above b/c I hate sleeves that I always feel the need to push up.

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

I like everything the way it is. It would be a great layering piece, and on your body, you don't need to be concerned about where the sleeves hit. It seems very au currant as is to me!

Unknown said...

I like the neck a lot. I also like the length; you could go a little longer, but I think you would losse that breezy, swingy feel if you got much longer. I'd love to see a close-up of the stitch pattern.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The stitch pattern and color is really lovely. I like the sleeves the way they are. Maybe the length could be a bit longer but it is hard to tell without the edging on. I love the neck too. I would so make this sweater so I could have something to throw over my tank tops! :)

Stephanie said...

The color and stitch pattern are gorgeous! I think the sleeves should either be longer or about 2" shorter for more of a cap sleeve effect. The body looks good that length, though I would go longer for myself. I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide...

Monica Brown said...

Thank you all for your comments! I may try to sleeves a bit longer, and leave the body length as is (for now). I will post close up photos of the stitch pattern soon!

Hamza matar said...

lovely page