Feb 23, 2007

I create with knitting looms

Thank you for accepting me into the group. I am a designer of sorts, my medium is through the use of knitting looms--you have probably seen these gadgets at your local craft store--plastic round things with pegs poking out. Anyways, I use these gadgets to create designs for the loom knitting community.




I recently re-learn to needle knit so I could learn techniques and apply them to my loom knit designs.

You can see some of my designs on my blog album...they are nothing fancy but as time goes by I learn new techniques and my designs get a little bit better.





Thanks again for accepting me into the group.

4 comments:

Marnie said...

Isela, I met you at the set of Knitty Gritty, right?
How fun to have you at the CAL too. I can't wait to see what you come up with and I think a loom knitted piece, if that's how you want to go, would be really cool. I'd love to see your processes for designing on one.

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Welcome, Isela! I'm definitely going to check out your loom knitting. It sounds really interesting and addictive. I also saw on your blog that you are a test-knitter. I'll file that away - it is always good to know test knitters.

Anonymous said...

How interesting, I have never heard of this-I look forward to seeing what you do.

Anonymous said...

Hi ladies,
thank you for the welcome! I will try to do the stitches both on needles and on the looms to show the difference.

Marnie--yep, we did meet at Knitty Gritty :).